Thursday, January 10, 2013

Downstairs Day 2

Ryan made good progress downstairs. 

He called me and told me he removed the old wall with out building a brace wall.  He said the upstairs sank down into the basement about six inches!  I said you are kidding me, he said yes.  Stinker, scared me to death!

So he REALLY got the brace wall put up FIRST so he could take down the original studs and load bearing beam, so the upstairs is firmly supported right now.  Hopefully… 

100_0941

He bought a really cool scraper tool that goes on his saw.  It scraped off a ton of old carpet pad, and other rough spots on the concrete.  I think we are leaning towards staining the concrete floors since we flood every single summer.

100_0942

Hopefully once we get a deck on around the entire house then I wont flood and we can have carpet again.  We still are not totally sold on the concrete though, it would be cold and a lot of work to polish up these 30 year old floors. 

Next step is to wire in the new lights and then install the new beam which will be here tomorrow.  Ryan isn’t able to work on it today.  Hopefully he will have another day soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment