Thursday, February 14, 2013

Downstairs Update

I keep telling Ryan I think we bit off more than we can chew.  He just keeps working at it every night.  I think we have a large snowball effect going on.  It started out just taking down the wall, turned into entertainment center, board and batten, new doors, new windows, patched carpet, different stairs, all new paint, etc, etc.  We are in the details work now which I am horrible at.  Lots of sanding and caulking all of that board and batten.

016

New pantry door, which of course didn’t just slide right in.  It has to have some work done before it will fit.  I did go with board and batten on that wall also.  I have a pile left over though.  Maybe it will go in the girls new room?

017

We got the new windows ordered, the same guy who got us the door ordered the windows.  Odds are they aren’t going to fit either I’m afraid.

018

Emma does not do well with change, or messes, she is ready for it to be done!

019

Rett on the other hand loves the easy access to the pantry.  In and out all day long!

020

We did get the ceiling painted, which was a huge job.  Ryan’s two guys came and painted and I did the cutting in.  It would have taken me three days.  They had it done before noon, and it looks good, (just white ceiling.)  I’m not sure on the wall color yet, it looks a little greenish brown, I just want a nice warm light brown to match the couch.  (there is a test spot in the first picture of the wall color) The board and batten will all be white of course.  Anyway we are just chugging away.  One thing at a time Ryan keeps telling me.

2 comments:

  1. we paid someone alot of money to do our trim. It is the hardest thing to do. It look like lots of work it is going to look awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's amazing! It looks great. I'm not even willing to paint my living room.

    ReplyDelete