Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Living Room Changes

I am getting a little tired of the dark colors in the living room, especially this time of year when I am thinking Spring! I am not willing to go to all of the work of repainting just yet, I know shocking, I usually paint and repaint at the first thought of a new favorite color, but I haven't found that favorite yet I guess?? So for now I just added some white to all of that black, These were all clear, two of them were some fancy kind of salad dressing bottles from my MIL, one was from the thrift store and the other I already owned. I just spray painted them all white and they turned out kind of fun.

I have always wanted a topiary and I saw a blog somewhere, (I am terrible about keeping track)
where she made her own, so I did too, I already had everything I needed in my crafting collection except the moss, so I bought some really green moss, I like it, really springy! Oh and you have to love the basket with Easter eggs in it, Claire carries it all around the house, just practicing I guess! (I think the basket is a golf ball basket, not really sure, I have never golfed, but I got it at a thrift store and painted it black.)

Then this idea was from my SIL, she gave me the wood to make it in fact. I just hoge poged the scrapbook paper to it and found the Live, Laugh, Loves at Michaels for a dollar each. I think I will hang it in the office/craft room, but for now it is in the living room brightening it all up a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment