Saturday, April 24, 2010

Farmhouse Table and Rustic Benches

We got them finished, it ended up being a team effort thanks to Ryan and lots of rain, we love rain here, it is a novelty! Anyway Ryan made me finish this correctly, he is a perfectionist, I, well, not so much. He informed me that I would be a good framer because I like to get the job started and then leave it for someone else to finish. I think he is right, I do love to paint, or do I just love the look of a freshly painted room? I'm not quite sure anymore? The point is I am glad he came through to help me finish it off, he bought me a few new tools that I have yet to get to try, but I will. We stained the legs dark walnut and the top and benches golden oak and then put a polyurethane over the top surfaces. It was a great project all receipts added up, it was about $150.00. {That doesn't count the new tools} Now I have just got to decide which project to do next!?

1 comment: