Thursday, May 6, 2010

Doll Clothes Storage

The girls are both into their American Girl Dolls right now and we don't have a great place to keep all of their clothes and accessories. Actually Ash has been keeping her clothes in a nice pile under her nightstand and Emma's are in a little clear plastic tote. I kept seeing these old suitcases at the thrift store and kept trying to figure out how I could make it cute. Well I bought a good clean one and brought it home and spray painted it RED! Ashley picked the color. It turned out fun:I added some vinyl stickers made from my cricut and some starry fabric to the handle to help add to the cuteness factor! She loves it!
Emma's storage I also found at the thrift store,

It was a cute little shelf made to look like it was for mail. I don't think it really was used for mail, it just looks like it. We painted the inside green and the rest white. It turned out kinda cute too!
I love the little metal number strips, they popped right off for painting and then I just nailed them back on once it was dry.


Hopefully it will be easier to keep their bedrooms clean??? Yeah right!

2 comments:

  1. I love that shelf--good find. Shelves are darn hard to find for me. I HAVE BEEN LOOKING:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way...my mom had RED suitcases like that when I was growing up. I could have saved you a step--ha ha!!!

    ReplyDelete