Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Details…

I think I need to move on to another room, I need some professional help though, professional DESIGN help…. maybe a little professional mental help too, depends on the day!  I just got done telling Sara I was going to get rid of the white table.  I just am not loving it.  It was one of my MANY failed attempts at antiquing/ distressing/ whatever turned out looking like junk.  It doesn’t look that bad from the BEFORE picture, but it was!  103_2631

SO I painted it a fresh clean coat of white.  Then I added the most darling perfect gray (is it gray or grey?) stripes ever!  They were perfect!  Until I got to stripe number three, then they all went down hill from there.  I just should not have been lazy and sanded the top first, but I wanted just to paint, much easier, but not really when it all started peeling off.  I ended up having to sand it all and distress it more than I wanted in the end.  I think it is my new favorite thing in the room though, it turned out pretty fun!  Maybe I wont get rid of it, not yet anyway!

103_2635

Did you notice that tiny white spot at the end of the sidewalk?  Look again (after you admire those awesome stripes)  It’s little brother.  He is headed to Grandma’s house I guess!  He is just so outta here all the time!

103_2636

So in it came, I have nothing to put on it.  Claire suggested her ponies. 

103_2637

I love how it totally goes with the other stripes in the room, but not too matchy, match. 

103_2638

Don’t you love those fun flowers on the yellow pillow.  They just kind of  happened out of the scraps!  I was afraid they would not stand up to washing though so I just safety pinned them on so they can be removed.  What would you put on that super cute table?

3 comments:

  1. wow it looks great. way to go! love the grey and yellow

    ReplyDelete
  2. A big vase of flowers. Of course, there are only a few blooming right now, so maybe some tree branches with blossoms would be pretty. I think it turned out cute. Someday I'm going to be as creative as you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just realized you had this other blog. I guess that answers my pillow question. Do you read nie nie's blog? She always has fresh flowers around her house. In my dream world I would keep fresh flowers around too. But I can just picture a big boquet of flowers on that table.

    ReplyDelete