Thursday, April 12, 2012

Easter Dresses

I was in search of a sailor dress for my girls for Easter and came across this all cotton dress at Walmart. It is not sailor, but it does have the blue and whites I wanted.

103_2318

I was excited because they were cheap, or I mean inexpensive.  I felt like they were a little to plain for Church, especially Easter Sunday.  SO…

103_2498

I added some tulle to the bottom and a cute sweater from Childrens place and it is looking much more DARling!  Claire just loves being my model, for real!

103_2491103_2492

The big girls needed new shoes and I wanted to get them all matching but Claire has gobbs of shoes in every color so I didn’t want to get her new ones.  The girl at Payless talked me into these cute little flower clips.  So I bought the plain white cheapy (inexpensive) shoes for the big girls and dressed them up with some fluff.

103_2493

There was no way I was going to spend 5 smackers on ONE of those little puffs though so I just made them myself for about 3 dollars for ALL six of them.

103_2494

 

103_2495

103_2496

I can change them out and make more to match with different dresses, I’m so glad she showed me them.  They just have a tiny alligator clip on the back, so we could actually put them anywhere, hair, shirt, little brothers paws ……wherever. 

103_2499

It was a super fun and quick project, I haven't been in front of that sewing machine enough lately!

103_2497

Most importantly the girls loved their new dresses!

103_2543

(the boys weren’t left out they got new navy ties and were just as excited as the girls were!)

1 comment: